Privacy and the Keys of Life Foundation
For the purposes of this policy, ‘personal information’ means information about an identified individual, or an individual who is reasonably identifiable.
If you have any questions or feedback about this policy or the way in which KoL handles personal information you can contact us on the details below.
Public Officer – KoL Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Telephone: 0403 454 599 – leave a message or send an SMS.
What types of personal information do we collect and how do we use the personal information collected?
The types of personal information that we collect about you from our website will depend on the type of dealings you have with us. For example, if you:
- Send a message via Contact Us – we may collect and store electronically your name, contact details and details of your request or query for purposes of responding to you.
- Attend a Forum, Meeting, Training Course, Concert or other function organised by KoL – we may collect your name, organisation, contact details, payment details (if applicable), recordings of teaching and learning activities involving your image or voice captured during participation in KoL’s functions or activities and any dietary and accessibility requirements for the purpose of delivering on the activities mentioned above.
- Participate in our surveys – we may collect your name, organisation contact details and your survey responses for the purposes of analysing our services.
- Purchase any products from us including any audio or video training programs – we may collect your name, organisation, contact details, and payment details for the purpose of providing the product or service to you.
- Make a complaint – we may collect your name, contact details, the details of your complaint, information collected in any investigation of the matter and details of the resolution of the complaint in order to resolve your complaint.
How do we collect personal information?
We collect personal information in a number of ways, including through our website (for example, if you choose to register for a function or send us a query), when you correspond with us (for example by letter, email or telephone), on hard copy forms, and in person (for example, at KoL events and forums).
KoL may communicate via email directly with those on our email Contact List in order to promote KoL related events and products. If it is impractical to gain your consent, we will always provide a simple means for you to request not to receive the material (‘opting out’). We will not provide your personal information to any third party.
Storage and security of the information we hold
We hold personal information in both hard copy and electronic formats. The KoL Public Officer stores paper and electronic files securely.
The steps we take to secure the personal information we hold include website protection measures (such as encryption, firewalls and anti-virus software), access restrictions to our computer systems (such as login and password protection), and restricted access to our office premises.
While KoL strives to protect the personal information and privacy of users of our website, we cannot guarantee the security of any information that you disclose online and you disclose that information at your own risk. If you are concerned about sending your information over the internet, you can contact KoL by telephone or email (details under ‘Contacting Us’). You can also help to protect the privacy of your personal information by letting us know as soon as possible if you become aware of any security breach. We will also take appropriate and prompt action if we have reasonable grounds to believe that a data breach may have, or is suspected to have occurred. Depending on the breach, this may include taking remedial action, notifying you (if you are affected by the breach) and the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner.
If you have a complaint about how KoL has collected or handled your personal information, please contact our Public Officer using the details provided under the heading ‘Contacting Us.’ We will endeavour to respond to your complaint within 30 days of receipt of the Privacy Complaint. If you are unhappy with our response, you can refer your complaint to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner or, in some instances, other regulatory bodies, such as the Victorian Privacy Commissioner.
Developed & Adopted November 2019